Dr. Sarah Davidson, Assistant Professor
"I enjoy working with students and watching them learn and relate how they can use their new knowledge to advance nursing care and themselves. "
- DNP — American Sentinel University, 2018
- MSN — Arkansas State University, 2012
- BSN — University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 1992
- Serves on multiple committees at the department, school, college and university level
- Poster presentation at international meeting
- RN-BSN Program Coordinator
- Served in the United States Navy
In which online degree programs do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
Cultural Competence, Health Assessment & Exam, Capstone, Pathophysiology
What do you want students to learn in your classes?
I would like students to complete each course with additional knowledge to help them transition to leadership roles after graduation from the RN-BSN program.
What is the value of a BSN for a working nurse?
- Professional mobility within the work place
- Improved patient care
- Leadership opportunities in the work place
- The opportunity to attend graduate educational programs such as Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Educator, and Nurse Anesthesia
What advice would you give to those considering this program?
The online RN-BSN program is flexible and can be completed in as few as 12 months.
Why did you start teaching?
I enjoy working with students and watching them learn and relate how they can use their new knowledge to advance nursing care and themselves.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
"I'm Here: Compassionate Communication in Patient Care" by Marcus Engel