Online Certificate in Social Media Management
The A-State Certificate in Social Media Management online program prepares students to develop, implement and manage communications strategies that employ digital advertising campaigns, social media components, and more.
This 100% online undergraduate program gives students the tools to measure the effectiveness of online advertising campaigns while constructing multimedia content for social media sites to achieve organizational strategic communications goals. As part of the program, students will become certified in HootSuite™ and Google AdWords.
This online certificate program promotes problem solving, strong communication skills, and professional conduct and integrity. Students will enhance their ability to:
- Think critically, creatively and independently
- Conduct research and evaluate information using appropriate methods, including applying basic numerical and statistical concepts
- Understand concepts and apply theories in the use and presentation of messages, images and information
- Write correctly and clearly in forms and styles appropriate for communications professions, audiences and purposes served
- Critically evaluate their own work and that of the others for accuracy, fairness, clarity, appropriate style and grammatical correctness
- Apply current tools and technologies appropriate for communications professions—and to understand the digital world
- Communicate effectively using words and images for multiple platforms, ranging from interpersonal communication to digital media
- Understand the principles and laws of freedom of speech and press and how they are applied national and internationally
- Comprehend the history and role of professionals and institutions in shaping communications
- Foster professional principles and work ethically in pursuit of truth, accuracy, fairness and diversity
This program requires Live Text.
Online Course Listing
In order to earn the Certificate in Social Media Management online, students must complete four courses (12 credit hours).