As little as 8 months
$306.25 per credit hour. This price includes the administrative fee.
This online certificate program is designed for experienced educational leaders who possess an Ed.S. and are interested in becoming an assistant superintendent or superintendent.
This nationally recognized CAEP specialty program area (SPA) program consists of just six courses and can be completed in as few as eight months. A-State students consistently receive a 90% pass rate on the School Superintendent Assessment (SSA) exam.
Graduates of this program will:
- Receive excellent preparation to pass the School Superintendent Assessment (SSA) exam
- Be equipped to identify and implement effective performance patterns for school district superintendents, with emphasis given to the relationships among the local board of education, superintendent, school personnel and the community
- Be able to design salary schedules and fringe benefits to select, retain and promote school personnel
- Be equipped to guide educators in the role of selecting learning environments
- Have the ability to evaluate and select systems and procedures to manage school business
Each course includes both instruction and a field component to design a project and develop a portfolio. Study can be completed in local school districts. Students will work with a mentor for the field study and internship courses.
You must take the following courses.
An examination of the effective performance patterns for school district superintendents with emphasis given to the relationships among the local board of education, superintendent, school personnel and the community.
An examination of emerging professional responsibilities and ethical practices, current selection, retention and promotion practices, as well as designs for salary schedules and fringe benefits.
Students in course will learn to assist professional educators in their role of providing safe, appropriate and aesthetic learning environments for students.
A consideration of systems and procedures for accounting, budget planning and preparation, auditing, purchasing, and bonding.
This course provides the candidate with sustained, hands-on clinical experiences in the field of educational administration throughout the program of study. The experiences will focus on authentic problems and activities that require candidates to demonstrate leadership skills and practices integral to the performance of the district level administrator. In addition, candidates will establish networks with stakeholders at the local, district, state and national levels. Note: this course should be taken alone.
This is supervised participation in an approved administrative and supervisory setting. Permission of department chair needed; must be arranged one semester in advanced of registration.