Learn More About Our Online General Studies Associate Degree
Take a convenient and affordable path to a degree while emphasizing career preparation in the Associate of General Studies online program.
This online associate program enables you to develop a personalized program of study to meet your personal and professional goals. Complete your general education requirements to prepare for a broad range of bachelor's degree programs. You can shape your degree to your interests with a variety of elective options.
Top 10 reasons why you should enroll in a 100% online undergraduate degree program at A-State—watch this!
Discover the Value of Our Low-Cost Tuition
Our Associate of General Studies online program offers the same affordable tuition to all U.S. residents. Course cost includes administrative fees.
|Per Credit Hour||Per Course|
|U.S. Resident Tuition||Required Fees||Total||U.S. Resident Tuition||Required Fees||Total|
A-State Online Dates and Deadlines
Our Associate of General Studies is a flexible online program featuring accelerated, 7-week courses and multiple start dates per year.
Next Start & Application Due Dates:
|Term||Length||Course Begin||Course End||Application Deadline||Document Deadline||Registration Deadline||Payment Deadline||Last Day to Withdraw|
|Spring 2021||7 wk||01/12/2021||02/26/2021||12/14/2020||12/16/2020||01/07/2021||01/08/2021||02/12/2021|
|Summer 2021||5 wk||06/01/2021||07/02/2021||05/17/2021||05/21/2021||05/27/2021||05/28/2021||06/18/2021|
Are You Ready to Apply? Check Our Admission Requirements First
A-State Online offers a streamlined admission process for both new students and transfers. Students who are interested in the Associate of General Studies online program should review and follow the requirements for admission below.
- When completing the online application, choose the appropriate application type – A-State Online Freshman (if you have never attended college) or A-State Online Transfer (if you have previously attended any college).
- Select three emphasis areas and submit this form.
- Pay $30.00 non-refundable application fee
- Submit an official High School Transcript with at least a 2.75 GPA or GED score of 500 (if taken prior to 2002) or 525 (if taken in or since 2002). The High School/GED requirement is waived for students who have previously successfully completed 13 or more transferrable college credit hours.
- Submit official Test Scores (e.g., ACT and SAT). Test scores are considered official if they are delivered directly to us from a testing center or from your high school on your official transcript. Test scores are valid for a period of five years from the date of the exam. The test score requirement is waived for students who have previously successfully completed 24 or more transferrable college credit hours.
- ACT test scores of 21 or greater on the composite score as well as 19 on the Math, Reading, and English sub-scores
- SAT test score of 1070
- Cumulative college GPA of at least 2.0 on previous college coursework.
- No remediation courses are available for this program. If a student does not show test scores that clear the need for remediation, they must show completion of or readiness for the following program courses:
- English requirement: Students may be considered eligible for admission based on completion of English Composition I, English Composition II, or Writing Fundamentals with a grade of C or better.
- Math requirement: Students may be considered eligible for admission based on completion of College Algebra or Intermediate Algebra with a grade of D or better.
- No conditional admission status is available for this program.
- Foreign born students must submit an attested or notarized copy of their high school diploma in English. Students seeking to transfer from a non-U.S. university or college must submit official transcripts from these institutions. Transcripts will be evaluated by Arkansas State University. Proof of English proficiency may be required.
Students that have attended any other institution of higher education must meet the following requirements.
When the student has:
- Less than 12 college hours: submit official final high school transcript and official test scores.
- 13 - 23 college hours: have a minimum of 2.0 grade point average on cumulative transcripts and official test scores.
- 24 or more college hours: have a minimum of 2.0 grade point average on cumulative transcripts.
Test scores are valid for five years from date of exam.
Submit all documents to:A-State Online
P.O. Box 2520
State University, AR 72467
For Non-US Postal Mail Overnight Delivery Only:Academic Partnerships
c/o Central Receiving
2713 Pawnee St.
Jonesboro, AR 72401
A Look at the General Studies Associate Degree Online Curriculum
The Associate of General Studies curriculum consists of 25 credit hours of general education courses and 35 credit hours of electives for a total of 60 credit hours. To find out more about courses for this program, fill out the form to the right and an enrollment specialist will contact you.