About A-State Online
A top producer of K-12 teachers and administrators in Arkansas, Arkansas State University-Jonesboro (A-State) provides state-of-the-art innovation and educational excellence. Founded in 1909 as an agricultural school, A-State understands the need for ongoing educational growth and strives to meet the needs of tomorrow's students today. The university provides nationally recognized and accredited educational degrees in curriculum and instruction, educational leadership, special education and educational theory and practice degrees.
Arkansas State University is accredited by:
- The Arkansas State Master of Science in Sport Administration program is accredited by The Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA)—a distinction bestowed on only 30 such programs in the U.S.
- Arkansas State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. HLC accredits degree-granting, post-secondary educational institutions in the North Central region of the United States. For more information, contact the Higher Learning Commission, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411, T: 800.621.7440 or 312.263.0456, F: 312-263-7462, EM: email@example.com.
- The Network of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA) at 1029 Vermont Ave., NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20005. Phone: (202) 628-8965, Fax: (202) 626-4978.
- The Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), formerly known as the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), 1140 19th Street, NW, Suite 400, Washington, D.C. 20036. Phone: 202-223-0077.
- The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850. Atlanta, GA 30326. (404) 975-5000.
In addition, A-State is a member of several national organizations that support the highest educational standards.