A-State Online Student Services
As an A-State graduate, you're an integral part of a vibrant international network of more than 70,000 alumni.
The pride, loyalty and relationships formed during your time as an A-State student will last forever. Stay connected to your alma mater by keeping up with university news, events or giving back as a member of the Alumni Association.
We welcome your ongoing relationship with A-State and offer a variety of ways for you to get involved.
Arkansas State Alumni Association: Membership is open to all former students, friends and persons interested in ASU.
Contact Alumni Relations:
PO Box 1990
State University, AR 72467
You may be closer to graduation than you think!
A-State-approved credit for prior learning recognizes your previous accomplishments, reducing your tuition costs and time to graduation.
The AOS Career Center works with any enrolled students in A-State’s online programs. Services provided include:
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- Mock interviews
- Career coaching
- Career skill workshops
- Graduate school assistance
- Online networking groups to share job openings, internships, and tips
For more information, visit our Online Career Center.
Online Writing Center
The Online Writing Center offers writing services to A-State Online students so they may develop habits that lead to successful written communication. Our staff consists of tutors from various writing backgrounds that understand the struggles and joys of writing. We provide tutoring for all writing stages, from understanding the prompt and outlining to grammar and finalizing the paper.
What is asynchronous tutoring (eTutoring)?
Asynchronous tutoring does not require that the tutor and the student are online at the same time. For an eTutoring appointment, the student will submit their paper to us electronically and we will respond within the prescribed time limit.
What is synchronous tutoring (online appointments)?
Synchronous tutoring takes place when both the tutor and student are simultaneously engaged in an online, real-time chat. For an online appointment, the student will schedule a time to video chat with one of our tutors.
How to schedule an appointment:
- Download the Penji app or utilize its website at https://www.penjiapp.com. The Penji app is available for download for both iOS and Android. The icon is blue with a penguin.
- Select Sign-up.
- Enter your A-State student e-mail address.
- Single sign-on with A-state credentials. (This may have to be done more than once.)
- Sign-up options: Choose Learn.
- Complete your profile: name, picture, major, etc.
- Select the OWC.
- From the 'Learn' screen, select to schedule an 'Asynchronous' or 'Synchronous' session.
- Select your particular course. (Search by CRN or course name)
- Select a day and time for your session.
- Select your tutor.
- Select your location. ('Zoom' for Synchronous or 'Asynchronous')
- Create an "Agenda" (list what section(s) or topics you wish to work on) and select any materials (if any) that you will be using for the session.
- Review all the information and Confirm.
- The upcoming session will appear in your activity feed.
- Once there, the session details will contain all information for the appointment including the Zoom meeting link for Synchronous appointments. You will also receive a link to a Google Folder to add necessary documents.
- If Synchronous, join the meeting at the scheduled time via Zoom. If Asynchronous, expect feedback in the Google Folder from your tutor within the hour.
What are the technology requirements?
Online appointments work best with the help of high-speed internet, a computer with video and audio capabilities and the use of headphones.