Dr. Timberly L. Baker, Associate Professor
"Be prepared to be challenged, to grow, to learn."
- Ph.D. in Educational Leadership Policy Studies, 2012
- MSE in Educational Theory and Practice, 2006
- BSE in Secondary Education Social Studies, 2004
- Gave a lecture in Lisbon, Portugal in January 2019
- Presented at the American Educational Research Association Annual Conference in Toronto, Canada in April 2019
- Served on the Executive Board of Critical Race Studies in Education Association
- Taught dance and choreography for seven years
Link to share:
Google Scholar Profile: Timberly Baker, Ph.D.
In which online degree program do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
ELAD 8043: Advanced Organizational Theory & Inquiry; ELFN 7773: Advanced Educational Research; ELFN 8773: Educational Research & Evaluation
Why did you start teaching?
I wanted no child that looked like me to lack a quality, equitable education.
What advice would you give to those considering the Ed.D. in Educational Leadership program?
Be prepared to be challenged, to grow, to learn.
What do you want students to learn in your classes?
I want them to learn to be strong writers and researchers, to articulate clarity of thought, and to practice responding to critical feedback.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
The Bible, biblical principles permeate our country and its foundation. Whether you agree with the Bible’s religiosity or not, the principals it expounds are everywhere in our society.
Tell us something your students may not know about you:
I love to roller skate and bike ride.