Dr. Ralph Ruby, Jr., Professor
"I enjoy creating and designing apps that help individuals learn in a new and creative manner."
- Ed.D — University of Missouri, 1975
- M.S. — University of Tennessee, 1972
- B.S. — University of Tennessee, 1969
- Published ASTATE Texting Champ for the iPhone on September 11, 2016 With Paula Ruby
- Published ASTATE Keyboarding Champ for the iPad on September 11, 2016 With Paula Ruby
- Published Class Notes-R App for the iPad on July 29, 2018 With Paula Ruby
- Published 12 Videos for Class Notes App With Paula Ruby:
- GETTING STARTED
- Getting Started — Why do I have to take notes?
- Getting Started — Start taking your first notes in seconds.
- Getting Started — Shortcuts For Speedy Note-Taking
- Getting Started — Overview on starting and saving your first Class Note.
- Cornell Notes — Complete
- Cornell Notes — Simplified
- Mind Mapping: #1 of 3 — Getting Started
- Mind Mapping: #2 of 3 — Deleting and Connecting
- Mind Mapping: #3 of 3 — Styling Idea Boxes
- SPECIAL FEATURES
- Dictionaries: 1 of 3 — Tips and Pre-Loaded Dictionaries
- Dictionaries: 2 of 3 — Personal Dictionaries — Introduction, Add & Edit
- Dictionaries: 3 of 3 — Personal Dictionaries — Merge, Edit & Email
- GETTING STARTED
- Refereed Proceedings and Presentation to Southeast Decision Sciences Institute (SEDSI) Annual Conference, February 21, 2018, Wilmington, NC.
- Numerous articles and presentations
In which online degree program do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
CIT 1503: Microcomputer Applications
What do you want students to learn in your class?
I want students to learn how to think, discover and execute in a beginning Microsoft Office environment.
Why did you start teaching?
To help others better themselves!
What advice would you give to those considering this program?
It is a very easy class if you are willing to take the time to read and follow written instructions and are willing to take the time to discover answers!
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
Any book that helps one discover themselves.
Tell us something about yourself that your students might not know about you.
I enjoy creating and designing apps that help individuals learn in a new and creative manner.