Dr. Jacques Singleton, Associate Professor
"I want my students to learn the unique skills to be not only an educator but a special educator."
- Ed.D. in Instruction and Curriculum Leadership with emphasis in Special Education – University of Memphis, 2006
- MSW – University of Southern Mississippi, 1999
- B.S. in Political Science – University of Southern Mississippi, 1993
- Awarded the Distinguished Alumni (University of Memphis), 2012
- Contributing author to over 20 articles published in refereed journals from 2008-2019
- Received the Faculty Research Grant to conduct research in Belize, Central America, 2011
- 2012 Oxford Scholar
- Received grant to train special education teachers in Belize, Provost’s Scholar Award
In which online degree program do you teach?
When did you start teaching?
What advice would you give to those considering the online MAT in Special Education program?
Make sure that you stay current on all work as seven-week courses go fast.
What do you want students to learn in your classes?
I want my students to learn the unique skills to be not only an educator but a special educator.