Dr. Claudia Benavides Ambs, Associate Professor
"I aspire to educate the sport managers of tomorrow and pass along my passion for sports, the profession, and my values to the next generation of sport administrators."
- Ph.D. in Kinesiology, emphasis in Sport Management — Texas A&M University, 2009
- ME.d. in Kinesiology, emphasis in Physical Education — Texas A&M University, 2006
- B.A. in Sport Management — Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, 2003
- Won the A-State diversity excellence award in 2014 and 2018
- Has led Super Bowl and NCAA final four student trips
- Taught in Mexico
- Led student groups to London and Japan
In which online degree programs do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
Sport in Society, Sport Communication, Sport Marketing, Current Readings
What do you want students to learn in your classes?
Sport management principles and skills that they can ethically apply to their professional and everyday lives.
Why did you start teaching?
I aspire to educate the sport managers of tomorrow and pass along my passion for sports, the profession, and my values to the next generation of sport administrators.
What advice would you give to those considering this program?
Anyone wanting to further their education would benefit from evaluating their motivation and making sure the program they select matches their desires, timeframe and values.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
"Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey is a close second to The Bible.
Tell us something your students may not know about you.
I crashed Emmitt Smith's Super Bowl party once. Martha Stewart was there. It was fun.