Master of Science in Education in Curriculum & Instruction
The Master of Science in Education (MSE) for Curriculum & Instruction is designed to prepare practicing teachers for licensure in such areas as a Director of Curriculum and Instruction, Special Education or Gifted and Talented.
Students in this master's degree program focus on areas of learning that include:
- Enhancing leadership skills, dispositions, and practices
- Evaluating and improving processes of curriculum development
- Enriching instructional best practices
- Developing tools for individuals to serve as professional curriculum specialists
- Enhancing professional growth by emphasizing critical and analytical skills, communication and collaboration skills, and strong organizational and management skills
Students are required to complete 36 hours of coursework. Courses are tightly integrated and focused on application-based curriculum. This program can be completed in as little as 20 months.
This program requires Live Text.
As licensure requirements may change without notice, it is the responsibility of the student to confirm the requirements for licensure in his/her state as it applies to the participation in an out-of-state degree program.